2 Positions Available
At SailPlan, we dream of and deliver a better future for maritime transportation. SailPlan is a marine intelligence platform that improves safety, schedule integrity, and efficiency through real-time data and predictive analytics. Our platform enables ship operators to plan, execute, monitor, and update voyages in real-time along leveraging metocean data, analytics, alerts, and machine learning. We have partnered with some of the biggest names in maritime transportation to completely rethink how ships voyage. Our goal is simple – to bring ingenuity and innovation to an industry that is ripe for change.
SailPlan is hiring a talented and innovative backend or full stack software engineer to architect and grow our platform’s core features.
At SailPlan, you will be part of a fast-growing team, will wear many hats and have ownership over building key aspects of our platform. You will work within a collaborative environment to build the next generation of technology for the maritime industry. If you think you have the right stuff, we are looking for YOU. Come be a part of something special by applying for this role at SailPlan.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
- Implement and scale a simple, elegant platform-as-a-service software product.
- Build, ship, and maintain core software features.
- Implement industry best practices in an evolving codebase.
- Help translate customer requirements into an engineering roadmap.
- Responsible for significant aspects of system design and design documents.
- Solve problems related to security, networking, algorithms, and data structures.
- Remote and semi-remote positions are available.
- Experience with AWS and IoT preferred.
- (If applying for the full stack role): Significant professional experience building modern web application frontends. Angular experience preferred.
- Experience building and maintaining scalable software systems.
- Track record writing clean, modular code that is highly performant and well-tested.
- Strong knowledge and experience in data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization with a focus on quick and agile problem solving.
- Experience building software platforms for communications networks and/or IoT products
- Experience working with legacy transportation industries, including maritime transportation
- Experience building products where hardware and system-level solution expertise was required.
- Experience working at a startup or on a small, fast-moving team.
- Advanced degree (e.g. Master’s, PhD, etc) in an engineering-related field.
- South Florida
- Norfolk, Virginia